This doctorate program is oriented to professionals related to the study of human behavior, including psychology, medicine, biological and health sciences, humanities, among others.
- Bachelor`s degree, granted by an acceredited program of a national university or in a program of a froign university.
- Management of statistical tools at intermediate level (selection comunittee’s criterian).
- Participation or authorship in research products (publications, projects, etc.).
- Experience in intervention.
- Master’s degree.
- Intermediate English (TOEFL certificate above 55 iBT or similar accreditation).
- Academic degree certificate, original version or legally validated. For foreign applicants their certificates must by authorized by the Chilean Consulate in the country of origin.
- Undergraduate ranking and grades certificate. For foreign applicants this certificates must be authorized by the Chilean Consulate in the country of origin.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters from suitable references (PhD national or international). Emphasizing experience in academic instruction or research. The letters should be send directly by the person of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal interest letter, which should include previous formation and education related to this Doctorate Program, personal motivations and how this doctorate is related with academic aspirations and projects in the future.
- English certificate, intermediate or advance level of comprehension (TOEFL, IELTS or similar)
- Passport or Identification Card both sides copy.
- Application form
All solicited documents must be send in a sealed envelope address to:
Dr. Jaime Silva
Director of the Doctorate Development Science and Psychopathology
Centro de Apego y Regulación Emocional (CARE), Universidad del Desarrollo
Avenida Las Condes 12.461, Torre 3, tercer piso, Lo Barnechea, Santiago. Chile.
After the document’s reception, the Doctorate Director and Faculty members will evaluate the candidates according to the program admission criteria.
During November 2019 the Doctorate Director and one Faculty member will interview the preselected applicants. In this opportunity the evaluation will focus on:
- Theoretical competences in psychology.
- Applicant motivation for research and methodology training.
- Critical awareness for evaluating its own research area within psychopathology of development.
- Possibilities of finishing the doctorate program in the official period.
- Clarity about research interests.
- Skills in the use of computational software, text processors and statistical analysis programs.
The Doctorate Director and the Faculty Members will evaluate the academic background of the applicants and preselect those who better meet the selection criteria. These applicants will be invited to participate in an interview.
- Admission calls: August 1th, 2019
- Document reception: August 1th to octuber 25th, 2019
- Application deadline: Octuber 25th, 2019
- Interviews: November 4th to november 8th, 2019
- Admission results: , November 18th to november 22th
- Application deadline CONICYT scholarship: 6 de diciembre de 2019
- Results CONICYT scholarship: 30 de enero de 2020
- Induction week: From the 2th to the 6th of March 2020
- Beginning of classes: March 19th , 2020
María Jesús Ihnen
Centro de Apego y Regulación Emocional (CARE)
Universidad del Desarrollo
Av. Las Condes 12.461, Lo Barnechea, Santiago.
Phone: (56-2) 2327 9426