This doctorate program is oriented to professionals related to the study of human behavior, including psychology, medicine, biological and health sciences, humanities, among others.
- Bachelor`s degree, granted by an acceredited program of a national university or in a program of a froign university.
- Management of statistical tools at intermediate level (selection comunittee’s criterian).
- Participation or authorship in research products (publications, projects, etc.).
- Experience in intervention.
- Master’s degree.
- Intermediate English (TOEFL certificate above 55 iBT or similar accreditation).
- Academic degree certificate, original version or legally validated. For foreign applicants their certificates must by authorized by the Chilean Consulate in the country of origin.
- Undergraduate ranking and grades certificate. For foreign applicants this certificates must be authorized by the Chilean Consulate in the country of origin.
- Curriculum vitae
- Two recommendation letters from suitable references (PhD national or international). Emphasizing experience in academic instruction or research. The letters (Recommendation Letter DCDP) should be send directly by the person of reference to email@example.com
- Personal interest letter, which should include previous formation and education related to this Doctorate Program, personal motivations and how this doctorate is related with academic aspirations and projects in the future.
- English certificate, intermediate or advance level of comprehension (TOEFL, IELTS or similar)
- Passport or Identification Card both sides copy.
- Application form
All solicited documents must be send in a sealed envelope address to:
Dr. Jaime Silva
Director of the Doctorate Development Science and Psychopathology
Centro de Apego y Regulación Emocional (CARE), Universidad del Desarrollo
Avenida Las Condes 12.461, Torre 3, tercer piso, Lo Barnechea, Santiago. Chile.
After the document’s reception, the Doctorate Director and Faculty members will evaluate the candidates according to the program admission criteria.
During November 2020 the Doctorate Director and one Faculty member will interview the preselected applicants. In this opportunity the evaluation will focus on:
- Theoretical competences in psychology.
- Applicant motivation for research and methodology training.
- Critical awareness for evaluating its own research area within psychopathology of development.
- Possibilities of finishing the doctorate program in the official period.
- Clarity about research interests.
- Skills in the use of computational software, text processors and statistical analysis programs.
The Doctorate Director and the Faculty Members will evaluate the academic background of the applicants and preselect those who better meet the selection criteria. These applicants will be invited to participate in an interview.
- Admission calls: July 1th, 2020
- Document reception: July 1th to october 9th, 2020
- Application deadline: October 9th, 2020
- Interviews: October 26th to October 30th, 2020
- Admission results: , November 6th
- Application deadline ANID scholarship: review ANID website
- Results ANID scholarship: review ANID website
- Induction week: From the 1th to the 5th of March 2021
- Beginning of classes: March 8th , 2021
María Jesús Ihnen
Centro de Apego y Regulación Emocional (CARE)
Universidad del Desarrollo
Av. Las Condes 12.461, Lo Barnechea, Santiago.
Phone: (56-2) 2327 9426